Sunday, November 3, 2013

Celula and Cellular




oopppps! apparently I only sent last weeks email to one person. MY BAD.  Well lucky for you folks, this week you get double, #ohwhatfun

What a crazy week we had. 

First of all, we had hardly a full day to work in our area this week. It felt weird. There are people who we usually see regularly that we barely even got to see. 

The main reason is that I spent two, half days at immigration. GOOD NEWS FOLKS! I´m legal! I´m tica! Im here for good! Haha. No but really, I am legal. I have a cute little ID (celula) with my name on it and everything. I would attach a photo if I wasn't afraid of.....stuff. Dealing with government offices is always a joke and a half. The good news is that I basically just had to act like I owned the place to get things done. Gringos get priority (apparently.... hurray for the good kind of racism! .... is there a good kind? Probably not) 

The other cool thing that happened this week is the mission got a visit from Elder Amado of the Quorum of the 70. He is also our Area authority. It was a very .... long meeting. It was good, the only thing is he spent like an hour lecturing on how we should get married ASAP, which is.... not helpful on the mission. No but it really was good and I learned some good stuff. It is always fun to see the other missionaries.
The best part of the Elder Amado meeting is that we FINALLY GOT CELL PHONES! *key the hallelujah chorus* The work here in Costa Rica just got SO MUCH more effective. You have NO IDEA how frustrating it is and how much time we waste when we don't have cell phones. If you need to find a missionary when they are not at home, TOO BAD. If you are trying to find a house (because Costa Rica addresses are terrible) but you have a phone number, TOO BAD. If you are waiting outside an gated apartment complex and trying to yell loud enough so the person you are trying to contact can hear you, and they don't... TOO BAD. All of our wildest missionary dreams basically have come true. 

Also, this week Joshua was baptized. Joshua is Brandon and Donaldos younger brother. The gospel is changing this family in so many beautiful ways! They have such strong spirits and we love this family to DEATH. We also got some REALLY good news which I would share with you, but I think I will leave it as a cliff hanger. Also, because I don't want to jinx it. 

I am still loving Escazu. I feel right at home. I am growing as a missionary and my testimony continues to grow EVERY single day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment