Monday, August 19, 2013

Press Forward Saints



Hey everyone!
Good news.
This week was SO MUCH easier than the last week. 
The day after I sent that super sad email we had a ¨hermanas conference¨ for all the sisters in the mission. It was basically the best day of my mission. Exactly what I needed.  Think Mini Retreat for girls for sister missionaries. We had little classes about everything we deal with as sisters from companionship relationships, to yoga.  It was AWESOME.  Chocolate fountain because they just understand us. It was just the little pick-us-up that me and my companion needed after having such a rough weekend.  I was going to write some of the things I learned, but honestly, it was mission changing, and I am running out of time.
More good news: Adonai is back. Truth is, he doesn’t really remember that much from our ¨bad night ¨but he knows he messed up. He felt AWFUL. He has been apologizing to us all week. But he is back, and willing, and trying to change. And he is going to do it too. Alcholoism is hard, but everything  is possible when god is on your side.     We´ve decided we are heading back to our companeros at Alcoholic’s Ann. At least two times a week, but this time with Adonai. It will be good for him and he really needs some supportive buddies.  It was actually one of our Companeros who helped us find a place for him to sleep that night, so you know, the Lord works in mysterious ways.
ALSO- MAXIMO WENT TO THE TEMPLE THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am so excited. If you don’t remember who is Maximo he was the ¨not legally wed husband¨ of Emilia, my first baptism. If you remember, he is working in Costa Rica for a year while she is in Panama, and they are both working to be MARRIED IN THE TEMPLE  a year from May.  Maximo wasn’t technacially my convert because I wasn’t here when he was baptized, but I still feel like he is mine because after he was baptized he was inactive for a long time and when we taught Emilia, we also answered all his questions and taught him the things he didn’t remember.  I am so proud of him! After I left the church building I did a little dance and my companion and the Elders laughed at me.  What can I say? There is no greater joy then sharing the gospel.
ALSO! Alex (a recent convert of mine, brother of Adriana) blessed the sacrament at our Branch Conference with the Stake. I AM SO PROUD OF HIM!
We had a Mothers day  (Mothers day in Costa Rica was this week) activity this week in our branch. Usually our branch struggles getting members and investigators to come to activities, but this one was A HIT! I am not really sure what happened differently, but we had so many members and, like, 10 INVESTIGATORS come! We couldn’t believe it!
Also, we had our first ¨Lizard in our house¨ experience this week. We were shreaking and laughing and trying to get it to leave for almost an hour. It was hysterical. We name him Pepe, and we have been laughing about it all week ¨Pepe! YA! FUERA! GO! ¨
So I know this email is a little short, but I am just so greatful the good week we had after such a tough one. We are feeling good. We are pushing through! We feel more motivated then ever to bring the world his truth. I am growing! I am changing! And Ojala, I am becoming the woman I have always wanted to be, Poco a poco.
Thanks for all the encouraging emails this weeks folks! I am printing out every single one! They mean so much to me! You guys are the best!
See you all in one year! (Yea! That’s right! I hit my 6th month mark tomorrow! Can you believe I am 1/3 of the way done!?!?!?)
Les Quiero mucho!
Hermana Patterson
P.S. Pictures all from the Hermanas Conference!



No comments:

Post a Comment