What a good weeks its been!
I don´t know if you noticed, but last week, I felt a little ¨down¨. Everyone who has been on a mission (but I guess its also just part of LIFE) knows that it has its goods, and its bads. Its ups and downs. Starting our divisons with our Personal Studies, I decided I needed to study the Christ-like attribute of ¨Humility¨. I felt the spirit so strong and I realized that maybe I was having a pride issue. Not a ¨Wow! I am so great! Better then the rest!¨ kind of pride, but I wasn´t recognizing the Lords hand in my work, and I was being very grateful. I became repentant REAL fast. During our companionship studies, I shared with Hna Bay the things that I had learned and felt, and again felt the spirit and began to cry and cry. We talked about everything that had been happening and I began healing, tear by tear.
.... Until Sunday came along. After church, and eating dinner at a members home, we are just going about our buisness, inviting people to come unto christ, when we recieved a phone call from the zone leaders. We happened to be waiting in the street for a couple of members to come with us to our next appointment, and I thought for SURE that my companion would be having changes, and that I would finish my mission in Aserri. So I put the phone call of speaker phone. Elder Cude (My zone leader) started out as they always do, with small talk while your heart is racing because you know whats coming. Then he finally jumps right in:
¨Hermana, do you know why I am calling?
¨Well I have my guesses....¨
¨Do you know what today is, Hermana?¨
¨Yes.... changes. Do we have changes Elder?¨
¨Yes, you do. And guess who is going.¨
¨Who?¨
¨You.¨
¨Wait.... What ? !?!?! Where am I going?¨
¨ You are going to the best area in the mission, my old area. You are going to Purral in Toyopan. ¨
¨Okay.... great, thanks elder!¨
¨Hermana, that´s not it. You are going to be an Hermana Especialista¨ (English Translation= Sister training leader= Sister Zone leader)
¨WHAT?!?!?!?!¨
¨Congrats Hermana! You are the best! But that´s not it! Your going to be a grandma! Hermana Beltran will be training!¨
.... Obviously at this point there was a lot of craziness on our end of the line.
So now, here I am. The farthest North of San Jose I have ever been. Which is only about 20 minutes north.(Its just because all of my areas have been South ), in a new place with my new companion, about to learn a LOT OF new things.
My companion is Hna Coburn, from Georgia. She has one change (6 weeks) less than me. Neither of us know the area, and neither of us have ever been Hna Especialistas, so we are going to learn a LOT really fast.
We are excited.
We are a little overwhelmed,
but most important,
We are a little overwhelmed,
but most important,
We are excited to get to work.
...My cord is in the middle of my bags, so no pictures this week folks. But that just means DOUBLE next week! ;)
Keep us in your prayers!
We have a lot of miracles coming!
We have a lot of miracles coming!
Lots of Love,
Hermana Patterson
Hermana Patterson
No comments:
Post a Comment