Monday, June 16, 2014

Catching up


So our mission was chosen to try a pilot program for the church. We set up a kiosk type thing that have questions of the soul, then, while people are walking by and looking at the questions, we get close and start talking about the church. It is incredible! I love it! Its really effective and gets people talking and thinking about deep things!




When we found out about changes, and the day I left Aserri







We are opening our area, so we are the first people to live in our house. When we first got here, we didn't even have beds. We affectionately call our home the ''hobbit house''.



















First picture with my new companera, Hna Coburn
And our first leadership council with President Wilkinson
When two gringas are companions, they go crazy and buy Nutella!















My posterity in the mission! Hna Beltran (my daughter- which means i trained her) and Hna Davidson from Canada (my grand-daughter- Hna beltran is training her).  We had a conference with Elder Ochoa of the Central American Area Presidency which was amazing!

I went on my first división this week with Hna Salcedo from Guatemala. We were in her área and we both learned so much! She is a great missionary and is training right after finishing her own training! She had her birthday a few days before we had divisions, but one of the members in her Ward invited her over to celebrate a little late.

I got really excited because in their house they have a Book of Mormon in what I am guessing is Chinese. I was REALLY excited, and started joking around telling Hna Salcedo that I could read in Chinese, opening up to the page in this picture and saying (in spanish) ''I Nephi, being born on goodly parents'' when she started laughing and said ''Hermana Patterson, I would believe you, but that is the table of contents!''
...... That's embarrassing!


We eat with at least one member every night. Sometimes two, and sometimes three. I am not even joking. We don't even really need grocery money. Its so good and so bad all at the same time.
How many missionaries can you fit in a taxi to Pricemart? More than is probably legal......

No comments:

Post a Comment