Wednesday, April 9, 2014

March 24


 March 24, 2014

 Our District


Some good scriptures I found this week: 

But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you thatthe tender cmercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hathchosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto thepower of ddeliverance. (1 Nephi 1:20)

And I rejoice in theday when my cmortal shall put on dimmortality, and shall standbefore him; then shall I see his face with pleasure, and he will sayunto me: Come unto me, ye blessed, there is a place prepared foryou in the emansions of my Father. (Enos 1:27) 


Hi everyone! I hope you all had a really good week. Time continues to fly and I can´t believe we are nearing April! Crazy.  

We had an investigator who invited us over for dinner to eat some traditional food. Soup, rice and tortillas. The thing is is that they gave each of us LITTERALLY a dutchoven pot of soup. We couldn´t finish it. 

Hermana Beltran and I continue to get along and we continue to see many miracles. I sometimes am blown away with how great the Lord has been to us. For only having 3 weeks in this area and knowing absolutely NOBODY, I am impressed with how many investigators the Lord has blessed us with. I give a lot of credit to my companion. Her rock solid faith keeps our expectations high.
Speaking of my companion, she got quite sick this last week. She suffers from Chronic Gastritis and is having a really hard time with the diet here of rice and beans. 

My first night in Aserri, Carlos, Carolina and Hermano Angulo (from Escazu) drove all the way to Aserri to say goodbye and to bring me a tres leches cake! I was basically crying! And.... of coarse.... I didn´t have my camera on me. ugh! But at least here is a picture of us enjoying the cake. 
My trainer went home this week :( She should have gone home one change before me (in June.... I think... ) but she has been having some horrible heath problems and finally decided it would unwise to keep going. Sad day. 

Okay. I blame the fact that i am FREAKING OUT about what I should be studying this fall semester as my excuse for shuch a short letter this week. .... okay... ever week. Im a slacker. 
Love you all. 




this picture is with me and our cocinera ¨Hermana Aura¨. She is like our mom here is Aserri. She takes care of us and her cooking is super good! 












The bishops family :) 

Okay i think the problem is that here the internet connection is slow, and apparently my pictures are too big. The internet lady just came over to chew me out for ¨using up too much internet¨ trying to upload pictures. rolling of eyes. She doesn't have any solutions for me other than something I need to change in my camera, but as for the pictures I have, i might be out of luck because she keeps giving me a stinky look.... oh brother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment