Saturday, April 12, 2014

Conference Week!

My old companion Hna Garcia sent me a birthday package with all sorts of thoughtful things. My favorite was the head massager thing because she knows that I LOVE when people play with my hair!

Hermana Roundy hit her year mark, so we celebrated and bought pizza and a tres leches!

























One of my favorite things in Costa Rica is La Feria ¨The fair¨, where we do our produce shopping EARLY saturday morning. Everything is so cheap and fresh and you can buy exactly what you need.











One of the things I have always seen, but never bought (until this week) is the fresh juice. This guy literally starts with sugar cane and fresh fruit, and JUICES it in front of you. It was so good that I bought a little bottle to keep in my fridge!
















We also buy fresh bread in the bakery. YUM YUM YUM. I am not sure I can come home to shopping at walmart again.......




How great was Conference weekend? I can honestly say it was the best conference of my life. We had kind of a brutal weekend with 2 baptisms falling through (ugh, the WORST) and we were in real need of some spiritual
time. I LOVE LOVE LOVED Saturday mornings session specifically. WOW! So many life changing thoughts.  ELDER HOLLAND WHAT ARE YOU SO AMAZING????? 
For any friends that are reading this and have no idea was General Conference is, let me fill you in. 2 times a year, our world wide church holds a general conference for every member and non member of the church to have the opportunity to listen to the words of a living prophet and his apostles . It is.... AWESOME. I always tell people, Moses was a great prophet. The only problem is Moses, is that he didn´t know about all the problems that we have today. The best part of a living prophet is he knows what our world is going through. He received the revelation on what we need NOW. Here was his talk. 
Some of my other favorites:
Henry B. Eyring 
Russel M. Nelsen 
Richard G. Scott 
W. Craig Zwick
Dieter F. Uchdorf 
Gary E. Stevenson

I have never had a list so long of favorites! I invite you to enjoy the messages that these servants of the Lord have for each of them, and pray that you can feel the same things I felt while hearing their powerful words.
We gringas, watched the first Saturday session on an ipad.


My baby girl hit her month mark in the mission field. There is a tradition that trainers buy their new companions ¨trits¨ on their month mark.

Today was my companions Month checkup at president Wilkinsons house. It was fun to see all the missionaries and see my hero, Hermana Wilkinson.






No comments:

Post a Comment