Monday, July 29, 2013

Solo Bueno

This internet café just started playing Set Fire to the Rain by Adele…. I didn't think I would ever miss hearing Adele.
Alright, HELLOOOOOOOO Everyone!
I cant believe I am back here at the internet café. I didnt take a single picture this week. NOT ONE. Also, I feel like I didnt have anything super crazy happen. Everything was SOLO BUENO. (Elder Mancera´s catch phrase) We wake up, study like crazy, go to lunch, jump on a bus, teach the Gospel, jump on a bus, climb the hill, fall into bed.  We also play monopoly cards on our p-day. The work is a movin' along. So much is changing so quickly . People we thought were progressed end up getting dropped. People I thought would never come around and suddenly interested. The spirit Works in mysterious ways. 

Questions from our readers:
What did you do this week?  Who did you teach? 
See above. But, we had a missionary activity in the branch. It was….. a disappointing turn out for the members, but whatever. We try to remember they have normal lives. I cant say I attended every single Ward activity when I was at home either. We got a few new investigators this week.
Jenny- we tracked into on accident (But on the Lords time, is anything on accident?). But she is awesome.  She totally invited us into her house like we were best friends. We probably were in the spirit world. She is Catholic (Who isn't in this country?). I WANT HER AND HER FAMILY BAPTIZED!
Adonai- This guy just showed up at church with the Branch President yesterday.  Apparently he is a drunk that the BP literally picked up off the streets and is helping put his life together. He was telling us yesterday that Drinking has no meaning. He has wasted most of his life drinking and it hasn't brought him any thing but more pain. He wants turn to God (Hey cool! I think we can help with that!). He has the most willing heart I have seen yet. He will do whatever it takes. Rock and Roll. I WANT HIM BAPTIZED.
Also, my recent convert Alex (brother of Adriana) apparently received the priesthood last week. He was serving the sacrament, and we were like ´WHAT?!?!?! When did this happen? Thanks for telling us man! ´Haha. I am just so happy for him. Plus, Mauricio, his nephew that is the same age of him (Son of Adriana) asked to be baptized. Um… Yea. I think we can do that. I just hope I am around another change to see it! I WANT HIM BAPTIZED.
 Side note- Your Beautiful by I cant remember just started playing. HOW TRUNKY! Your beautiful, your beautiful it true, I saw your face in a crowded place….  Got to love the few times in your week you get to hear American music around.
Describe your weather right now.  What are the temperatures at different times of day?  Are there puddles when it rains?  Do the worms come out? Etc??
Supposedly we are in the middle of the rainy season. Its true. It rains everysingle day. Without fail. However, I guess when I pictured ´rainy season´I thought of a non stop down pour for 6 months. Luckily that is not the case. At least here in LOS SANTOS, it usually just is cloudy with some mild showers or mists. Also apparently I live in a cooler part of Costa Rica which I totally love. I am not looking forward to hotter areas. I am not sure what temperatura it is, but it reminds me of Danville. Occasionally puddles, only when it pours. Worms and other disgusting things come out. We try not to scream.
What have you learned so far?
Oh my gosh. How can I even start. Lets start with Spanish. I have learned and still am learning Spanish. This is a life goal of mine I can eventually cross off the list.
I am learning to love the scriptures. I cant lie when I say that I wasn't the best at making scripture study a habit. I also rarely did it for fun. Now, I come home from working all day and get so pumped to read about what Alma and his companions are going to say to people today. I am totally into it. Also, The New Testament is AWESOME when you have JESUS THE CHRIST by James E. Talmage right next to you. Why I have I never read this book before? Its totally changing my life!
I am learning patience. Patience with my self. Patience with others. Patience with circumstances I can not change. Patience with my ‘natural Lexi’ that just wants to surf the web and listen to music all day.
I am learning to love my Savior. I don't really know what my problem was before the mission. I had a testimony and I knew the church was true. But I just didn't get it. I didn't understand the role that Jesus Christ has in my life-in your life. I am still learning this and I am amazed every single day.

Have you had any special meetings with visiting General Authorities?
Booooo. No. Supposedly we were supposed to have a meeting with Hermano Amado, an area authority, but he canceled on us. But sometimes I feel like President Wilkinson is a General Authority. He rocks my spiritual socks off EVERY SINGLE TIME I am in the same room as the man. Let alone when we are talking face to face. WHOOOOOOOOOSH.

Call me maybe. Really internet café, really? Okay, I got to get out of here before I my natural lexi wants to start dancing right here right now.
Oh, and i lied, I found a picture we took. Enjoy!
Love Hermana Patterson

Side note from Lexi's mom:  Do you enjoy Lexi's letters?  Tell her!  Do you have questions for her?  Ask her!  Her email is alexis.patterson@myldsmail.net  She LOVES to get email!

No comments:

Post a Comment