Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Lexi runs into some old friends!

CRAZY!
So crazy!
Two weeks down at the MTC!
The first week was sooooooo looooooooong. But I am not even sure where this last week went! (And I hear that it just gets faster from here!)
I am not even sure what to write about because I feel like I just wrote this email! HA! (If you have anything specific you would like to hear about let me know!)

This week was so much easier for everyone in my district. We finished teacher "Ariana" and that went well, and now we have to more investigators that we just met named "Carlos" and "Julia" (All three investigators are our teachers) and we are just getting to know them.
We got a new district under us this last wednesday and it feels so good not to be the "youngest" anymore! We really like to think that we have our act together! ;) It helps that my district leader (Elder Sorenson) and his Companion (Elder Barnes) got called to be Zone leaders this last week and my companion (Hermana Law) was called as Coordinating Sister (think RS pres.) so they are forced to be in the know and let us all know what is supposed to be happening. It's crazy when they all leave for their branch meetings because we were a small district to start with- 9, then Elder Cloward went home (sad- 8), then when those three leave we only have 5 of us around. Our district loves eachother so much. We have so much fun, but also feel the spirit together so nicely. We get along great and it makes it easier to not feel homesick or discouraged.
But guess who is in the new district in my zone?!?!?!? (This question is directed at you Erin Packard, any anyone else who might know her from Rexburg) Rachel Garlitz! So crazy when I realized who she was! Okay, and she is so DARLING! Love her already so much. We took a cute picture to send you, but still haven't figured out how to do that....
I also ran in Sister Lauren Peterson more than once this week. She is looking so great and happy! She will be here for 3 weeks because she has "visitor center training" so I get a little more time with her than normal english speaking missionaries.
To anyone entering the MTC soon- when will you be here? I know that Rae (Kalli..... wierd), Natilee and Veronica R. will all be in here before I leave, anyone else? I can't wait to see more familiar faces! It truely is a reunion at the MTC every day! Before you come in to the MTC, watch a video on youtube called 'missionary work and the atonement". IT WILL CHANGE YOU. We were crying our eyeballs out when our teacher showed it to us! It's from a talk elder holland gave to new mission presidents with a little bit of President Eyering as well. Of coarse. Those men are awesome!
Also- (And everyone should read this) try to find a talk by Elder Bednar that he gave on Christmas day (year?) at the MTC called "the Character of Christ". It's  made a big impact on my this week!
My favorite people of the week are:
Jacob Patterson
Libby Patterson
Alyssa Whipple
Erin Packard
Brianne Kirkby
Megan Straw
Emmalee Vanorman
Katie Smith
Veronica Rosedahl
and obviously- My mom and dad!
Thanks for all the letters, Dear Elders, and packages. You might not ever know how much it means to me! As for the rest of you.... I expect to have my mailbox full by morning! ;) Just kidding... But seriously.
The two weeks at the MTC might just be the best of my life!
Hope everyone is doing well!

(Lexi's mom here-feel free to leave a comment and I'll copy and paste them into a "Dear Elder" for her.)

1 comment:

  1. I love reading all about your life in the MTC Lexi! Thank you for the suggested reading by Elder Bednar. In case anyone else is interested, here is a link I found to the talk, (I hope it's the same one):

    http://scottwoodward.org/Talks/html/Bednar,%20David%20A/BednarDA_CharacterOfChrist.html

    ReplyDelete