Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Esta Serio?!?!?!?!

This was the week I was DETERMINED to send photos home.
 
Aparently, that went well....
But I have a good excuse.
 
MY COMPANION BROKE HER FOOT LAST NIGHT. (Esta Serio?!?!?!? MUY serio.....) We were walking down the stairs to go to dinner, she missed a step, and she landed on her foot wrong. It was too late for to go to the Health Clinic, so we had to do that today and its basically sucked up our entire P-day. So... no pictures this week. I'm sorrry!  She has been on crutches since last night, we have been icing and wrapping her foot. This morning we LEFT the MTC (into the big bad world...) and got an X-ray done. When we came back to the MTC, they checked out the X-ray, and sure enough- it's broken. We go see a foot specialist tomorrow, and she might have to get surgrey, and her departure date might be delayed because of it. ISN'T THAT AWFUL! My poor compinera! She is being so brave. She hasn't even cried! You can tell that it is harder on her then she lets on, but she is a tough girl! I think this is the Lords way of forcing her to let people serve her. She doesn't let anyone help her with anything! She is too nice, always saying that's she is fine and doesn't need anyone's help. Keep her in your prayers and hopefully it will heal quickly.
 
This week definitely feels like a day. So much always happens, but then when it's time for me to sit down and think about it, I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING GOOD TO SHARE!
 
This week, Hermana Natilee Allen, Sister Kalli Wyatt, and Hermana Veronica Rohsdaal joined the MTC. It really just makes my day when I get to see "home" friends in the MTC.  We laughed together, we scream with joy when we run into eachother, and often, we cry together. Sister Missionaries cry a lot at the MTC. We cry with joy, we cry with frustration. We cry when we feel the spirit, we cry when we are homesick. We cry when the advesary is attacking us, we cry when the Lord blesses us. We cry for the good, we cry for the bad. Sometimes you just need a friend from home, who KNOWS you to cry with (good and bad).
I had been counting down the days for Sister Wyatt to come. We have always been good friends since we have meet, but we grew through preparing for missions at the same time. I was struggeling, and I just needed her so badly. Wednesday finally came, and I could feel her near. I finally did see her that night, but we were both rushing around and could barely get "hello"s out before we had to leave. Just seeing her made me happy. The next day, (still struggeling) we saw eachother from across the cafeteria. I bolted to her, and immidetaly said that I needed her help. As we began to talk, I was overcome with joy that she was there, frustration with myself, and in general, just too many emotions. I was right. She knew EXACTLY what to say. She clicked into "Retreat for Girls Counselor Mode" and let the lord use her as a tool to tell me exactly what I needed to hear. It was hard for her to get her call back in October, and not go into the MTC until march, but during that lunch, I knew part of the reason why was because the Lord knew I needed her. Right then, Right there in the cafeteria of the MTC I needed her.
Gah. Friends are the best.
 
Some of you may or may not know what "snailing" is. I don't exactly want to get into the most embarrassing story OF MY LIFE, but I will use this story as bait to get letters. I don't want to post this story on the internet for all too see. But, it's a good one that should be shared. If you know what snailing is, and want to here the story, write me a letter. If you don't know what snailing is, but you still want to hear the story, write me a letter. I will tell you allllllll about it.
 
Did you know I get travel plans for COSTA RICA ON THURSDAY! Es verdad! I do! Can you believe I only have 2 more weeks (as of today) in the MTC? ESTA SERIO? I JUST GOT HERE! I'm scared to death/ so excited I can barely stand it to get to Costa Rica.
 
Sigh.... Our time has sadly come to an end my friends. It's been a good week. Probably the best week in the MTC thus far (minus the broken foot). If the mission seriously goes by as quickly as it does here in the MTC, I will be home in no time.
 
I love being on a mission. I love this gospel. I love Jesus Christ! I love my companion! I love spanish! I love my District! I love the temple! I love this entire thing. So far, it's the best thing that has ever happened to me, and I am only 4 weeks in!
 
For those who want to send me letters:
Try to do so before I leave the MTC (april 2nd) so I can get them. Once I am in Costa Rica, it will take a  significant amount of time for me to get letters, so lets make the most of our time here shall we?
 
Thanks to those who took time to write this week:
-Emma Whipple
-Alyssa Whipple
-Megan Straw*
-Mom
-Dad
-Shauntel Reeve (congrats on your call girl! BRAAAAZIIIIIILLLL!)
-Grandma Kenney (and you are so tricky! You had me fooled for a while! HAHAHA!)
- Libby
 
Wow. This is always the shortest 30 minutes of my life. BUT! I heard a rumor that they might start letting missionaries email longer soon.... so..... stay tuned for that? (HOPEFULLY!)
Love,
Hermana Patterson
 
**Note from Lexi's mom:  She sent a private message asking for the following...so if you want to send her a package before she goes this is what she loves: 
PLEASE. I AM BEGGING YOU.
Send me Costco sized cheese-its, goldfish, and chocolate covered raisens (KIRKLAND brand), cadburry eggs
PLEASE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Leave your comments here and I'll paste them into a "Dear Elder" for her.  You can write her for free here and she'll get it the same day or the day after depending on when you submit the letter.  http://www.dearelder.com/index/inc_name/home

No comments:

Post a Comment