I attended 3 years of Retreat as a participant:
I returned two years ago as a counselor:
And I was back this year for more!
Over the weekend
For the weekend in between sessions we spent some time at Bo's house:
The view from her yard:
Monday
By Monday it was time to head back to campus and start another week.
We had registration:
Lawn games:
Tuesday
was group bonding day.
We had a "Unbirthday Party" where we made "Mad hats"
I got a really sweet love note from Nomi and her girls, (the paper suitcase)
we made cute little picture holders as seen in the bottom left picture,
and we had our fashion show! (Why yes, I am in fact dressed as the Sphinx and Freckles Lauren is dressed as the great wall of china)
Wednesday
was filled with lots of scripture reading, and classes with AWESOME speakers
We also had the Theme activity on Wednesday
We learned about the movie Pollyanna and how she would play the "Glad game"
We made prisms just like in the movie to remind us that when we choose happiness the light of Christ can be reflected through us.
We also did my favorite craft that day, coloring RFG pillowcases
Thursday
was our service project. We had so much fun and we were so busy that I didn't get any pictures!
But after words we took a couple of pictures for Team Kenton to help boost his spirits
Friday
was our last day.
We had an amazing devotional and testimony meeting where the spirit was SO strong.
we had our closing banquet.
I had an amazing two weeks and I had many prayers answered.
I also set a goal to start appreciating the small things in life and to start living In Joy.
I made some life longs friends and made amazing memories that will be with me forever.
Thank you to Katie, Anita, Miss Piggy, Bo and Origami for all of their hard work and all that they did for us.















No comments:
Post a Comment