Saturday, August 9, 2014

Toyopan- Place of the Gods.... literal translation








Hey everyone,
Once again I am running out of time, so lets see how much I can type out before 15 minutes pass.....
Well last tuesday was my last leadership counsel. I couldnt believe it I gave my final testimoney and everything. Many of my good friends are excellent leaders in this misión, so it was great to see them all and to say goodbye. I honestly was suprised with how simple my testimoney was. I thought my FINAL testimoney would be this grand elegant masterpiece, but the truth is that my testimoney is of the same things, just a WHOLE lot stronger, and I understand so many things I didnt before.
We spent the entire meeting talking about weekly planning. I have pondering how the principle of weekly planning has blessed my mission, and how I can use it in my daily life to make my dreams and goals come realities. If any return missionaries would like to share how they have made weekly planning part of real life, I would love your input.
So Yogeilan will be baptized this next week. She has asked SAID to baptize her! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! This is going to be the second time a recent convert of mine with baptize a convert of mine and we are just so freaking excited! He feels so honored. I am excited to be there! She is so determined to be baptized and I just love her. The other day we were explaining tithing to her, and explaining what we use tithing funds for when she said Sisters, I am not to worried about what the money goes to. I know this is Christs church and that it wont go to anything that isn’t worthy.
….. We were dumbfounded! Her testimony is already so strong. Also! Because she is getting baptized her mom Katalina has decided to be baptized too, and we are sure her sister Arielka will follow shortly after. IT might be after I go home…. But what is important is that it happens.
I went on divisions with Hermana Olsen this last week and we ROCKED it. The second day we had 7 lessons, found 2 new investigators and put baptismal dates with them both PLUS did 30 LPEs. I was feeling good. Hermana Olsen is from Pocatello, Idaho and has about 2 months in Costa Rica. She is SO obedient and she and her companion are working so hard! She is going to  be an excellent leader in this mission one day.
Gabby (who was so scared to accept a baptismal date) will be baptized on the 13th! The week before I go home! My wish to have a baptism that last week will come true!
Just a few spiritual thoughts more, I have loved:
Galations 6:7-9 (Also, I loved it before I read Elder Uchtdofs message this month! Its so great!) Do not get weary in well doing!
2 Nephi 26:24
Hebrews 12:11
Well, that’s my time folks!

Love, Hermana Patterson
We went bowling for Elder Petlacalcos birthday. Hes from Cancun. He makes hysterical faces. He has made this change a WHOLE lot of fun.
Rodrigo is..... one of the most inspiring people I know.......

We do the kiosk in the rain.... a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment