Last Tuesday I got super sick. Any form of illness on the mission, but especially food poisoning is the absolute worst. There are always so many things to do! So many people to see and teach! Feeling bad for yourself? (As a good friend of mine says) Ain´t no body got time fo ´dat! No, but seriously. In normal life, you take the day off, don’t go to classes, call in from work and spend the day recuperating. In the mission if you stay home it is HIGHLY frowned upon and you feel guilty for wasting the Lords time. #missionpains
I spent a good 48 hours feeling HORRIBLE. In case you have never experienced being extremely ill in another country its…. awful. You don’t trust any sort of medicine, you call the mission nurse who tells you ¨drink water and get to work¨ and you desperately want your mom. But, you keep on waking up at 6:30 a.m. and you try to pretend that its all okay.
Wednesday (day two of the monster inside me) was harder than Tuesday. I was a little worried because we were going to be spending the entire day in Los Anonos (aka Ghetto) where you do not trust the bathrooms AT ALL. Through every single lesson I would try to hard to concentrate but I just felt SO bad. At around 4, Miguel, a return missionary in our ward had plan to go visit a couple less actives with us. We went to our first appointment and before we started I told him I might need a blessing, as he gave me a blessing he told me that depending on my faith my body would be immediately healed. I was honestly surprised. I have had blessings of health before, and I expected a blessing that would tell me that I would have the strength to do all the work that was necessary or something along those lines, but never that I would be immediately healed. My first thought was ¨How great is my faith? I´ve never had a blessing like this before, do I trust that it can happen?¨ then without even a second passing I thought ¨Yes¨ and a warmth that started at the top of my head and went down to my stomach and I could literally FEEL the priesthood blessing curing my body. I was an experience I will never forget.
Food poisoning is something so… trivial. Its not cancer or anything near as horrible, but I still needed the strength of the lord to keep moving (physically, but also emotionally). I felt close to the spirit as I realized that my Heavenly Father knows me, knows the work I am doing and knows my physical, spiritual and emotional needs. He knows when its time to step in. I am so grateful that priesthood authority has been restored hear on the earth. I´m grateful for worthy men who can preform miracles under the direction of Jesus Chist. I´m greatful for a loving heavenly father who cares.
So, did you all watch the Christmas Devotional http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/archive/christmas-devotional/2013/12?lang=eng?
Honestly, it was the first things that almost felt like Christmas time. Everything was so beautiful. We brought Maricela and Arthuro to a members house to watch it, and I think they really enjoyed it. Some of my quotes were:
"Whatever may cause the worry, each of us yearns to find inner peace…Peace can come to all who earnestly seek the Prince of Peace."-Elder Neilson
"Imperfect people share planet earth with other imperfect people."
"What happens next to us largely depends on how we embrace our Savior, Jesus Christ, and follow Him."
No comments:
Post a Comment