Monday, August 29, 2011

Life lately

Dear faithful blog readers,
Welcome back! It's been a while, I know I know, but I promise that I am REALLY going to try harder to update you all on my life. What can I say? All I have are the usual excuses:
"I'm really busy!"
"I'm a college student"
"I work two jobs!"
Wait.... Did you read that correctly? Did I just say I work two jobs? Well the good news is that you don't need to go to the eye doctor's any time soon because it's true! I do work two jobs! What a blessing and a curse, huh? Remember when I couldn't even get one job? ya....
So to answer your questions I am working at both Downeast Basics AND Claires accessories. Needless to say my life is filled with WAY too much estrogen. I live with women, I work with women and the only customers I have are women. The only man I see on a regular basis is my gay manager. Haha. It's great. Really. I know I am so lucky to have both of these jobs considering how many times a day we get asked at both stores if we are hiring. (Story of my life about 4 months ago...) I have fantastic co-workers who make my life so much better.
I work on average about 9-13 hours a day. With all that working you would think I was RICH.... hahah..... not so much. The fact I drive about an hour a day to work is not so easy on the checking account, but it's worth it. However, if I could get paid a dime for how many times a day I say "What can I help you find?" or "What occasion are you shopping for today?" then i KNOW I would be rich.
Because of my busy schedule, my blog, and my journals are SERIOUSLY lacking. But I am going to work on it. My camera is going to become my new best friend. I am determined to document my college life. I have done well in the before and I am going to relight the fire! Woo! Here are the most memorable pictures since I have been home from florida (Which if you think about it, is QUITE depressing!)
Me and my two best friends Erin (Second from the left,) and Kayle (In the middle huggin Chewy- Who some of you may recognize!) went to a nerd dance. It was quite silly. And also one of the only things I took of pictures of this last spring semester.
One week for Family home evening we had a cake decorating competition... This was ours. It was hideous. The other cake was a beauiful cake and frosting version of Da Vinci's Starry night. Don't believe me?.....
....Told you. You can see a real poster in the backround.

My co-workers at Downeast went to Red-Robin so say good-bye to "Emboy" before she goes away to college! We will miss her so much!

A couple of weeks ago my Roommate from Disney, Amberlie, married Erin's (our other roomate from Disney)'s brother Tyler! Quite fun!
Us waiting outside the temple waiting for them to come out! Look at me! Don't I look HOT? What can I say? I'm not very self-conscious. I consider this fact a blessing.


This is Erin's boy toy. He is about to go on a mission and personally I am worried about him going somewhere stateside because I am pretty sure girls will mob him thinking he is Taylor Laughtner from the Twilight movies. I think its super funny when he gets mad when people tell him he looks like T.L. When he got a drink out of a cup with Taylors face on it, I HAD to take a picture. I was too funny!


And.... Thats the end of my pictures for the last 4 months. I know- Pathetic. I will work on it! Leave comments, I like to see who is actually reading this silly thing!

1 comment:

  1. Alexis Nicole! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!! and you.... because you're pretty.... This is your seester btw.

    ReplyDelete